Each month the CLE are offering a drop-in day aimed at staff and research students wishing to learn more about the CLE and teaching and learning at the University. Our November session will be running on 16th November between 10:00 – 16:00.
Each day is split up in to one-hour sessions; you are welcome to attend the full day or to pick and choose which sessions suit you.
Please see below for an outline of the sessions running on 16th November;
- 10:00 – 11:00 – What is teaching excellence? Coffee, cake and conversation about the impending TEF.
- 12:30 – 13:30 – Lunchbag reflections – bring your lunch and reflect informally on teaching/supporting learning in HE
- 14:30 – 15:30 – Chill-out zone – strategies to help you relax – come in comfy clothes and bring a pillow/cushion
To sign up for any of these, please complete our online form by 5pm on 9th December. If you register after this date, we cannot guarantee your place.
Our December drop-in day will take place on 7th December. Please see below for an outline of sessions;
- 10 -11 Introduction to the CLE and how we can support you
- 11-12 Terry Lee (RadioLaB Co-ordinator): Using audio for assessment
- 12-1 Janine Bhandol (LRC): Using Talis Aspire effectively
- 1-2 Lunch/discussion
- 2-3 Andrina Halder (Business School): Engaging students via WhatsApp
- 3 – 4 Kelly Alexander: PebblePad for Social Work portfolios
- 4- end Roundup, Q&A
To sign up for any of these, please complete our online form by 5pm on 30th November. Again, if you register after this date, we cannot guarantee your place.
The Teaching and Learning Team
Centre for Learning Excellence