Use the latest browser on your own computer to access Turnitin in BREO. Scroll down for file details.
To make sure your experience handing in assignments and getting your feedback is as smooth as possible, you need to make sure that you are using a browser that works properly with Turnitin. A browser is the application that you use to access the Internet. We recommend you use Firefox for all your access to BREO.
- Firefox 15+, Chrome 23+, Safari 5+, Internet Explorer 11+
- Internet browser set to allow all cookies from Turnitin.com/Submit.ac.uk
If your browser has a section for trusted sites, please enter these two URLs:
To receive email from Turnitin, make sure that emails from the from the following domains are not blocked or marked as spam by your email client or filter:
- @turnitin.com or @submit.ac.uk or @iparadigms.com
To access Turnitin, your web browser or antivirus software must not block content from the following URLs:
*.turnitin.com *.submit.ac.uk *.edgecastcdn.net ssl.google-analytics.com ajax.googleapis.com cdn.uservoice.com
File Types and Size
If an assignment is set to allow any file type, Turnitin will accept any file:
- less than 40mb; has a minimum of 25 words; and is less than 400 pages.
If the assignment is set to allow only file types that Turnitin can check for originality, Turnitin will only accept files that can generate Originality Reports. This includes:
- Microsoft Word® (.doc/.docx)
- OpenOffice Text (.odt)
- WordPerfect® (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps/.eps)
- Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Google Docs via Google Drive™
- Adobe® PDF
- Microsoft PowerPoint® (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
- Microsoft Excel® (.xls and .xlsx)